Being in a couple can be complicated. Luckily, there are ways to improve your relationship. By developing awareness of and skills for healthy relationships, you can already start making things better.
Here are some free resources from the Gottman Institute which can be a good starting point:
- Top Seven Ways to Improve your Marriage
- How to prioritize your relationship after kids
- Cultivating happiness in your couple
- Card Decks App to foster connection
- And of course, conflict management blueprints.
Here is one more resource, from me (and Dr. Gary Chapman):
- Find your love language
These are of course just starting points. If you need support, please contact me to schedule a session.
Update! Gottman Method Couples Therapy (which I use with couples) is now supported by research to help same-sex as well as heterosexual couples. See more on their research here.