Having experienced my own international transitions as well as being a native English speaker makes me an ideal choice for many people seeking counseling in Geneva. Many people moving abroad underestimate the impact such a change can have, and often don’t know where to turn.
I use my understanding of the international experience to help my clients going through the transition of first moving to Geneva, but also those who have been here for a longer time.
Common things I see include:
- Increased stress and lack of resources
- Lack of quality relationships & loneliness
- Insecurities and self-doubt
- Questions around identity and purpose
- Changing roles within a couple
- Onset of physical symptoms, such as stomachaches or muscle tension